We all want something more than just good shops, maybe luxuries? We all may not be able to afford business class or first class services in a plane, but we would like to be treated as a king or a queen at least at the airport. Airports need to make us feel special.
Let’s see which are the best airports in the world.
5. HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, HONG KONG
Built on an artificial island of Hong Kong and one of the busiest airports in Asia, The Hong Kong International Airport receives nearly 68 million visitors every year.
So what makes this airport at number 5?
- It allows economy class passengers to access the Airport lounge by purchasing a pass for themselves.
- The airport contains a relaxation room which has massage services and loungers for visitors to rest.
- You can find an Aviation Discovery Center where visitors can have a look and learn about Hong Kong’s aviation through the aviation styled attractions.
- Enjoy yourself with a golf course near one of the terminals of the airport, with relaxing and comfy chairs amidst the nature.
- If you have a long layover at the Hong Kong International Airport, then with proper documentation, you may get to do some sightseeing like Victoria’s Peak, Starsheet District etc.
The best airports in the world are generally the ones that delight the travelers, and cater to almost all expectations of a traveler/visitor/transit passenger. Airports are meant to be a wish of passengers to stay a bit longer at the airport to actually utilize and spend more time using all the services.
All in one, if you ever find yourself at these airports, then remember that it is going to be a treat!
4. MUNICH AIRPORT, GERMANY
Munich Airport, that is named to be the European continent’s best airport for over years. Believe us when we say this, but it deserves all the praise it gets.
Here’s why it’s on number 4?
- We all know Germany is known for its beer, and that is why it has its own on-site brewery. Along with the beer is the live music that is a sort of entertainment for all the visitors.
- There is a different variety of surfing, which is the world’s biggest man-made standing wave. So visitors get to surf in style.
- The Munich Airport is famous to have a Christmas Market with an ice rink, every year.
- Are you wanting to just take some nap or want to fantasize some privacy? Munich Airport has got three locations at the airport that contain a bed, a desk and music that can be chosen to suit your tastes.
3. INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SOUTH KOREA
One of the most elite airports of the world, is undoubtedly beautiful. Incheon is said to have an array of facilities with shopping and dining options with cultural performances. It also a Korean Museum, like what??
So, what makes Incheon stand on the 3rd position?
- Quickest immigration.
- Losing your baggage is not even a far way option.
- Korean staff is said to be helpful and respectful to all the customers regardless of who you are.
- For a place as big as this airport, you would wonder how it’s this clean. But it is actually darn clean.
- It’s quite spacious, big and bright.
- The airport is said to be quite accessible with affordable limousines that go to pretty much any corner of Korea.
- There around seven gardens in the airport, if you need some break from the chaos and modernism.
- Free showers after a long flight? Yes, Incheon has it for you.
- Shopping arcades, Golf courses, Ice Rink and Movie theatres, casinos are just some of the services you can enjoy.
2. TOKYO HANEDA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JAPAN
It’s cleanliness and efficiency is what helps it mark its position as the 2nd best airport in the world. It’s like a theme park of Japan and reflects the essence of Japan in each and every service it offers.
So why is it at number 2?
- Cool, calm and collected staff who are there to help you always.
- The ones who want to sleep here can enjoy its armrest-free benches with an attached hotel, providing a sense of safety and security to the passengers.
- Free Wi-Fi with 24-hour food options with showers are some of its amenities.
- Art exhibitions, ATM machines, Baber Shops and salons, business centers, Children play area etc. are also available.
- And a shrine at the airport for prayers? Yes, Haneda has it.
1. CHANGI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SINGAPORE
For the fifth time in a row, the international airport of Singapore is rated as the best one in the world. From beautiful architecture, to efficient operations, luxury amenities and dining options. You name it and this airport has got it all.
Nearly 55.4 million passengers visit this airport and there is no reason to hate it. It’s the best. So what makes it best?
- Wonderful Wi-Fi services. Many airports might be having these Wi-Fi services, but with Changi Airport offers visitors internet-enabled computers for free. Along with the Wi-Fi comes the charge stations that are planted almost across the entire airport.
- Wouldn’t you want to chill at the airport with some Netflix or some latest movies? The solution is free screenings at the movie theatres.
- Nature is said to be a priority in the airport and is treasured with endangered species. The first butterfly garden at the airport.
- Sleeping beds at the airport for you take a nap during your dreading transit stays.
- Gaming café on the airport. Yes, very much.
- Experience the latest football series at the Changi Airport.
- Fine dining and shopping experiences.
- A study place for all the nerdy students.
- Take a trip around Singapore in a bus by the Changi Airport if you’re a transit passenger.